LIVE
No live matches
🌍 Other regions

DACH
British Isles
Iberia
Scandinavië
Balkan
Baltische Staten
Centraal en Oost-Europa
Mediterraan
Benelux
Other countries


ONE GAME. ONE COMMUNITY. ALL TOGETHER.
← Back to articles

Serie A

Cairo vows best Torino season after youth surge at Quattordio

🇮🇹 By 4AllFootball ·
Cairo vows best Torino season after youth surge at Quattordio

President Urbano Cairo spent two consecutive days fully immersed in the world of Torino, saying he wants this to be his best season with the club. He was at the Filadelfia training ground on Wednesday for a test match against Vado, and the following day he watched his Primavera side thrash Atalanta 4-1 at Quattordio.

In September Cairo will celebrate twenty‑one years as Torino’s president, and he treats the Quattordio stop as the traditional moment to take stock. He began by setting the seasonal objective, stating: "The other day at Filadelfia I talked to the team and told the boys before the match with Vado: I want to have my best season," Cairo explained.

He added that he would like the coming season to be the best since he took over, even hinting that he might eventually sell the club but wants to leave a positive memory. "Maybe I will sell the club later, but I want to leave a beautiful legacy," he said.

Cairo reiterated his willingness to hand the club to someone richer and more capable, confirming that no offer has yet forced him to reconsider. "I have offered to hand over the society to anyone better and richer than me, but so far no one has presented an offer I cannot refuse," he declared.

He praised the current squad under coach Abate, noting that the Sunday match at Burnley satisfied him despite the summer‑style conditions. "We see progress in what the coach wants, and Abate has changed our way of playing towards a more proactive, possession‑based style," Cairo said.

Regarding the transfer market, Cairo said there is strong interest in Cacciamani and Njie, but the club has declined all proposals to date. "We have said no to every offer, and I want this to continue until the market closes. My desire is to keep Cacciamani," he affirmed, adding that the team will not be sold.

He indicated that Torino may add three to four new players, while confirming that Cacciamani and Njie are not for sale. He also highlighted potential arrivals: under‑21 goalkeeper Mascardi, veteran keeper Paleari, promising youngster Comuzzo, experienced defender Comert, talent Oristanio, and the versatile Fitz‑Jim.

Cairo expressed enthusiasm for the new Primavera, calling it “very good with great potential.” He highlighted that five starters in the Burnley match – Cacciamani, Njie, Dembélé, Luongo and Gineitis – came from the youth sector. He praised director Ludergnani’s work and singled out Luongo as a discovery who has adapted well to a new role, urging him to stay humble despite his talent.

Discussion (0)

International discussion — reactions from football fans across all countries come together here. Use the translate button for comments in other languages.

Be the first to comment!

Comment on this article

Choose a display name — you don't have to use your real name

Your display name is shown, your email never. Privacy

← Back to articles